Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pittsburgh National Aviary

My mom and I had the chance to take
all three kids to the Aviary. The kids were
fantastic! They were so excited about all the birds
and really did a great job of including Logan.

In the open air exhibits, the birds are roaming free.
We had the chance to participate in two shows.
Both Alex and Maddie bravely held up wiggling worms
for the birds to swoop down and eat out of their hands.
In the Rainforest show, I had given the kids each a
cracker to eat. Logan decided to hold his and we
quickly were being stalked by birds. Even after I shoved it
into Logan's mouth, the birds circled us
(and did what birds do - doo doo!)

Logan like the Japanese Cranes and hung

off the rail saying "BIG BIRDS!"

Afterwards, we walked to a nearby park to have

a snack and play. Once we took the kids home,

Logan sadly kept saying "Alex - Mabbie" the

whole way home.

No comments: