Wednesday, June 01, 2011

BAM!

A few weeks ago Zak called me shortly after he left for work and said that he had been in an accident about 2 miles from the house. I tossed the kids into the car and the bottom photo is what greeted us. He had been sitting at a stop light (with several other cars) and a woman came over the hill behind him and slammed into to him. The speed limit is 55 and he is pretty sure that she didn't have much time to slow down before nailing his bumper. Praise the Lord, no one was hurt (she had two small children in her car).They declared our poor Altima a total which made me very sad because this was my first car, totally paid off and just had a tune up with new tires!! After much discussion, we decided that if we had to take on a car payment, it was time for me to get a mini-van and Zak would drive my MDX. I wasn't really ready for that yet (yes, I do realize that I have three kids!) but now that I have it, I've adjusted. Life can throw you a curve ball when you least expect it. I'm just so grateful that Zak wasn't hurt and that we can get another vehicle.

Out with the old and in with the new...




No comments: