





This spring was pretty jam packed full of activities. We had several birthdays, family visits, Easter holiday, and other school activities all piled in a few months time. It became even crazier after Olivia's birthday party. Nate had gotten sick when we sat down to dinner. Then the next day, he broke out in a strange, total body hive-like rash. Once that cleared, the girls started acting "off" and not feeling to great. Then, I became very sick. It kicked my butt like nothing I've had in a long time. So, my dad came to my rescue and came up to take care of us all until I was better. He took me to the doctor and once I found out that I had a bad case of strep, we took all the kids into the pediatrician and they too were all strep positive. Somehow, my dad was able to take care of us all until I was up on my feet again and didn't get sick. I can tell you that I've gotten really sick only a few times since having kids and my parents have been there for me every time. Living away from my core family has always been hard but there is comfort in knowing that when I really need help, family shows up. It's such a blessing! I cried when my mom called me that day. I had just gotten off the phone with her and told her how sick I was and to pray for us. About 10 minutes later, she called me back and said, "Dad is on his way!" Yep! I still cry as I type that little phrase. Thank you awesome parents for always being willing to drop all your plans and help. I know my brother receives the same kind of care for his family too. I hope that once my kids are all grown up, that Zak and I can be there for them like you've always been there for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment