
Some of the pictures are a bit fuzzy...sorry!
Anyway, Zak had two whole weeks off for his final
summer break before his SENIOR year! We
decided to go visit my family for about a week and
try to squeeze in as many Pittsburgh attractions
as possible. Above and below are pictures
from the Carnegie Science Center. Zak and I took
Logan and really enjoyed spending the day doing the
interactive exhibits with him.
I think the best part of being a parent is
having the excuse to be silly and play
with everything.

We of also had a lot of time with various family
members including the newest, Sophia.


Zak's favorite treat for his break came all the
way from Seattle. Right before we left, we got a
package from Aunt Terry & Uncle Robert
of Washington cherries and Salmon. Yummy!
My mom and I took the kids to the Pittsburgh Children's
Museum. It is an amazing building. There were four floors of interactive learning and play areas. I thought for sure I was going to toss my cookies in the illusion house.All the kids wanted to go down the giant slide so I made several trips through the crooked house which makes you dizzy immediately. We had such a great day and because Alex and Maddie were along and I was able to scoop Logan up and move him from place to place without any protest.


We all went to the Pittsburgh Zoo as well. They day was so hot
though that we basically saw a lot of animals laying on their backs with
their feet in the air. Zak was a trooper though. His gout has been flared up for about two weeks. So he walked through the Zoo at a steady pace and we caught up with him at each exhibit. On the way home we stopped at the renowned Oakmont bakery to buy cookies for the kids. I had a banana peanut butter cupcake. They were so amazing that Zak and I went back a second time during our visit just to try the key lime and strawberry blast cupcakes.
Zak checked out the Pittsburgh VA Medical Center and spent a day in their dental residency program. He said everyone was very nice and the program has a lot to offer. So he will be applying to it as well as Cleveland, Maryland, and Ohio State this coming month.
1 comment:
Meg,
I love to see these pictures of you, Zak and Logan with your family. This looks like it was so much fun, a really nice break for you all. Jim and I are praying about these applications for next year.
Post a Comment