Friday, May 09, 2008

Just an Update...

Things have been pretty busy for us lately but we've gotten to do a few fun things too. The weather has been so nice that Logan and I have gone to the Zoo a few times. Now that he's bigger, we don't bother with a stroller and I end up getting a nice cardio workout chasing him around for a few hours (up and down hills I might add). For him, it's a great way to burn energy and see his favorite animals.
Zak and I got to attend the Senior dinner at the botanical gardens. It was a long evening but we had lots of laughs as the students got to roast their teachers and the teachers then returned the favor. Both Lindsey and Tori won awards so that was exciting too!
This is Dr. Carlozzi, one of Zak's favorite preceptors. Next to him are Armenia and Vivian. I was surprised to learn that Armenia (who is a certified midwife in Iran) came to dental school and knew so little English that her husband had to do the interview process with her. It amazes me that not only did she pick up the language but did very well in dental school. Some of the kids who are graduating overcame such great odds and it will be a special day to celebrate their success and well as Zak's at graduation.



No comments: