Sunday, December 14, 2008

O' Christmas Tree

We had some debate this year over buying another live tree or going fake. After much discussion and a little shopping around, we ended up buying a wonderful smelling live tree. So with one of Zak's very few days off this month, we spent the morning decorating the tree. Zak made us a wonderful family breakfast, we all got dressed (an accomplishment for us if it's before noon) and turned on the holiday music. Nate did a great job of hanging out and just watching all the action.
(Cute outfit compliments of Aunt Terry!)
Logan wanted Nate included so he gave him Rudolph to hold while we worked.
Okay, I'm not much for pictures of myself but I want my kids to remember that I was there too.

When asked what he was doing, "I'm just putting on the socks Mom!"



It was really fun this year since Logan's level of excitement was so high. He was THRILLED with each ornament and light. Most of the morning was filled with his cute little voice saying, "Oh wow! Look at that. It's so pretty Mommy/Daddy."
Logan is still at the age where he clusters all his decorations in one spot. I thought I was being covert about moving them around the tree but when I turned around he had moved them back to his "spot." So, there they stay.

It was such a treat for us to have Zak to ourselves for the entire day with nowhere to be and nothing to do but just hang out. We are trying to make that our Sunday tradition and not let ourselves always be so busy.











1 comment:

Karen Aunty said...

"O Christmas Tree": O my goodness, could you guys be any sweeter?! The pictures and comments made me feel as though I was there putting my "socks" on too. There are reasons to "keep the sabbath". Since you do not have live stock to rest, family time is a great choice...good for you.