We spent some time letting Logan run on the beach in West Seattle. The tide was out and Logan was in little boy heaven with puddles to stomp, cool things to find, and lots of space to run.

admiring his shell collection
handfuls of sand (glad I packed wet wipes and towels)

running back and forth from the waterZak wouldn't do the dirty work so up go the pants and here comes mommy!
writing his name in the sand
It was a beautiful day to enjoy the sun and sand. I have many great memories of walking that beach with my grandfather early in the morning. Grandpa Edward passed away a little while ago and he is greatly missed. He was a quiet and gentle soul that gave of himself to help those in need. In fact, if you went to the west Seattle senior center, you'd see a placard in his honor. He spent years collecting and distributing food to the needy right up to his death. It was nice to just hear the sounds of the ocean and spend some time remembering all that was wonderful about him as I watched my son enjoying the same places I did as a child.
It was a beautiful day to enjoy the sun and sand. I have many great memories of walking that beach with my grandfather early in the morning. Grandpa Edward passed away a little while ago and he is greatly missed. He was a quiet and gentle soul that gave of himself to help those in need. In fact, if you went to the west Seattle senior center, you'd see a placard in his honor. He spent years collecting and distributing food to the needy right up to his death. It was nice to just hear the sounds of the ocean and spend some time remembering all that was wonderful about him as I watched my son enjoying the same places I did as a child.
2 comments:
I cannot tell you how much the photo of Zak throwing Logan in the air thrills my heart. Is it breath taking, maybe dangerous, and makes us "mommies" say, "be careful!"? Too bad "mommies"! This is a father telling his son to be "Wild at Heart"! LOVE IT!
Oh, and by the way, I plan to frame the photo.
Post a Comment