Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Cool Fall Days

We have finally had a break in the hot weather and it is just BEAUTIFUL outside. Zak and I are still finding new places to explore with the kids and just love the arboretum metropark. It's free to the public and a great place for a family hike. We let Zak be our guide so we ended up on the mile loop instead of the shorter hike, but we took our time and got a little fresh air. Olivia loves her new bijorn
my boys

taking a rest by the pond after our walk






perfecting hiking gear







































although the summer flowers are fading, fall blooms are starting to shine


my babies sprouting their wings















It was a beautiful day to be together and to try something new. I'm sure we'll be going back there again soon since it's so close to home and so relaxing. Maybe, just maybe, someday I'll drop all three babies off at school and be able to take a hike or read a book by the lake. Ahhhh....







1 comment:

Karen Aunty said...

Love these photos. Almost felt like I was there. And yes, by all means go by yourself.