Tuesday, November 15, 2011

September's Birthdays

We always have way to much cake in September. I can hardly believe that I turned 31 this year, Zak turned 36, and Nate turned 3! We tried to keep things simple but even so, it was a busy few weeks. One of Zak's specialists sent him a cake for his birthday that was very yummy.

Nate's birthday was the most fun. He was very excited to receive gifts and be sung to. I love this age where they are easy to please. We bought him a construction kit that has a ton of tools that light up and make noise. It seemed like a good idea, and they all loved it, but now those toys are playroom toys only.
Nonnie sent Nate a Superman outfit that was an instant hit. He wants it on every other day and runs around the house with his cape flying.
He is growing up so fast that it's hard to believe that he'll be off to preschool in the fall. I love each stage and mourn a little as the years go by. The more kids that we have had, the more I have realized how quickly they grow up out of this baby stage. I try to be joyful for who they become but it's always a little sad to know that he'll never be that little toddler again.

No comments: