My parents brought up my niece and nephew for a summer mini-vacation this past week. The kids have been real troopers for the past few weeks while their parents have been remodeling and moving into their new house. So, to let them have a little more summer fun before school starts, I planned a week of fun things for us to do. They came Monday afternoon and we went directly to our pool for several hours of swimming. When Zak got home from work, he took the kids to the park (and even picked up a few neighborhood kids on the way). Then, Tuesday we spent the entire day at the zoo. Logan even napped in the new stroller while the rest of us continued to walk. It was a pretty good work out for me since I took my new double stroller and was pushing Logan and Maddie for most of the day. On Wednesday, we headed for Huntington Beach. We are only about 30 min away from Bay Village which is one of the nicer areas of Cleveland. The day was a little overcast but very warm so the kids had a great time playing in the water and sand. Once we got home and cleaned up, mom and I sat in the driveway and let the kids play outside. That's been one of the nicest things about our new neighborhood. If you just go outside, the kids all come together and play in the yards or on their bikes. Then finally Thursday, we went to the mall to have lunch Zak. The kids were excited to see where Uncle Zak worked and even get to choose a prize from the treasure chest. Finally after lunch, everyone went home and Logan and I laid down for a nap. We actually slept until Zak got home from work at 6! It was a great week of fun and Logan was so excited to have the kids with him all week long. I defiantly think I'll try to talk my brother into letting the kids come up for a week every summer. 
Logan chasing the seagulls.
He was yelling at them and trying to "give back" the feathers that he had found on the beach.


Very serious business...sand castles



Swimming in the lake was nicer than I expected. The sand was very smooth and you could walk out pretty far without it getting to deep. They have a lot of life guards including some that sit in kayaks and keep people from going out further than chest high.
1 comment:
Meghan -- Thanks so much for these pictures and stories. I love seeing and reading about all your adventures.
Love from Chicago,
Rachel
P.S. I can't believe Baby Boy Hallock No. 2 will be here in a month!
Post a Comment