I usually think of myself as a pretty patient person. However, waiting for this little one has set me on edge. I had a great doctor's appointment and so far everything is on track for a regular delivery. I got the go ahead to be active and so have been doing my best to clean, walk, play, and swim this baby out. Of course, that much movement is almost always followed by an afternoon nap!
I've spent a lot of time lately reflecting on this past year. I'm amazed where God has brought me since I lost the baby last September. I can see now how He has pushed me and helped me to be more content in my life and circumstances. Now as I wait for my September baby, I find myself praying for my little guy in heaven. As I wait for Nathaniel, my precious gift from God (that's the meaning of his name), I am reminded how often God has to be patient with me. I wonder if He sometimes just doesn't shake his head and say, just do it now. Just obey now, just trust me now, just follow my will NOW. Thankfully my heavenly father is much more patient with me than I am waiting for Nate to arrive. I know that I am precious to him as my children are precious to me. So as we wait for our little guy to arrive, I am both thankful and humbled by all that God has done in my life and the ways that He has brought me closer to him. I am anxious to welcome Nate into our family and I rejoice for the day when I can have all my kids with me in heaven.
1 comment:
I love you Meghan.
Post a Comment