I started to have some pain lower molar (#30) on Friday night. By Saturday night, Zak took me into the office to have an x-ray done and found that I had an infection my already root canalled tooth. I started antibiotics and Tylenol 3 that night and was in horrible pain by Sunday afternoon. Monday morning, I went to the Endodontist and had #30 retreated. Went home and after the numbness wore off, realized that I was still in a great deal of pain and that my jaw was swelling up. Today, I had #29 root canalled because #30 infected the pulp. The endo doctor opened and drained #30's infection again but by the time I got home, my face had doubled in size in a knot off my jaw. So tomorrow, I'm back to have a drain cut into my gums and let the infection out. I'm now up to the strongest pain killer allowed and a tougher antibiotic. It's all been pretty painful though because, being 39 1/2 weeks prego, I can't take any Advil. To top it all off, my OBGYN suggested that I don't have the baby until my infection is gone since I can't have an epidural with an active infection and general (for a C-Section) would be risky with all the swelling in my mouth and throat. So...this post is really a petition for prayer. I'm in pain, but mostly I'm worried about baby girl and how this all will play out. Pray that I heal tonight and that she stays put for a little longer.

1 comment:
Oh, so sorry Baby Girl. Praying for you and Baby Girl Hallock.
Post a Comment