Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Trip To Seattle

My Grandmother Lovenia passed away and Olivia and I made a trip out to Seattle to be there for the memorial service. It was hard to leave my boys behind but Zak took great care of them with the help of friends and family. While out in Seattle, I was able to see some of Zak's family as well as my own which was a double blessing.Olivia meet Ava and Emily for the first time. Ava was sweet enough to bring Liv a doll that had been hers. She was gave her dolly a kiss and then handed her over.



All my babies have LOVED Uncle Robert! Olivia and Uncle Rob had many "conversations" while I snuck downstairs to get ready for the day.

It was a special treat that my brother Cameron was able to fly out as well. I haven't traveled with Cameron for over 14 years. It was nice to be with my big brother and enjoy some of the sites around Seattle. My parents were thrilled to have "the kids" along too!



checking out Pike's Market




After Grandma's memorial, my family, Liv, and I went for a walk along Alki Beach and enjoyed the familiar sights and sounds of West Seattle that remind us so much of Grandma. I think sitting along the water and reading some of the cards our family received was one of the best parts of remembering all the good things that Grandma brought to our lives.






Mom was pretty sad but having Olivia there helped cheer her up considerably.



My Uncle Rick (my dad's youngest brother) and Aunt Terry


We haven't had this group of "kids" together for 17 years.


Olivia and I had a great time hanging out with Aunt Terry.
We lunched, shopped and laughed together.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time with you two girls. The picture of Olivia with your dad, she looks just like a china doll. We love you! Aunt Terry & Uncle Robert