Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Day of Work

No pictures to share but just a general announcement that today is Zak's official first day of work in Dentistry! Praise the Lord! He woke up early and did his workout. Then, we had a family breakfast together before I sent him out the door with his packed lunch. I got pretty emotional (maybe due to pregnancy...) seeing him leave. I told him I was crying because it was exciting but at the same time it marks an end to an era for us. All of our married lives Zak has been a student. Today for the first time, he's a professional! We are so excited and feel so blessed to be at this point in our lives. And although, I'm sure we'll miss the freedom of student schedules (ie. holiday breaks) we are thrilled to see what comes next in our lives (including a paycheck)!

3 comments:

Becky and JJ Campbell said...

Amen to all of that. I too had the same emotions as I sent off JJ. We sure miss you guys.

Chelle said...

Yeah! Zak's a professional!

Hope it was a great first day:)

Anonymous said...

Zak and Meg,
And we feel the same way (pretty emotional, thankful, and praising the Lord for his goodness). We are proud of you both, and excited for you as well. It is wonderful as parents to see you established as a family and praising God for his blessings. We know you will both be awesome in your respective roles: Zak as a provider and Meghan making a home. What a team you are. Just keep pulling together!
Much MUCH love.