Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sophia's 1st Birthday

My niece Sophia turned one on Saturday, June 21st. We all gathered at Cameron's house to have a backyard birthday party. Although we didn't get to visit around the bonfire very much because of threatening rain, we did get to enjoy some time outside and the kids loved having so much open space to run around.

Uncle Rich and Dad stress testing the swing.
Logan loved having such a big outdoor space to play in.
They have 5 acres of cleared, flat, and mowed grass.
Logan ran like crazy until almost 10pm that night.

Sophia, ever the lady, ate her piece of cake without making to much mess. She was much more interested in getting it all into her chubby little cheeks.




We got Sophia a Hokey Pokey Elmo. It turned out to be a hit with all the kids. Logan really wanted to keep it when we bought it and I resisted the urge to buy him one too since he loved it so much. Instead I tried to teach him the concept that we buy for others instead of ourselves and had him help wrap it and give it to Sophia. He did pretty good with the concept and didn't fuss when we left it at the house with Sophia. Although, I'm sure he'd be thrilled if we find a reason to buy him one soon (maybe when his Piggy Bank is full). I think it's harder on us not to give him everything than it is on him!
So the smallest of the bunch is already turning into a big girl. I'm always amazed how quickly time goes by. She's a happy little girl with a quick smile and an easy temperament. All weekend we pushed her schedule and took her along to all our activities. She was happy through it all with lots of giggles and smiles for us.


No comments: