Saturday, October 06, 2007

Boards Day

Today's the day! Zak has his first round of
North Eastern Boards this morning and I'm so nervous that
I've actually been awake since 3am. I didn't want to keep Zak up by
being restless, so instead I've been puttering around the office. Please
keep Zak in your prayers throughout the day. This section will take 5 hours and is
on the typodont (the fake dental head with real teeth placed in their mouths). I
think there is a written section today as well.
It's been a long couple of weeks of preparation and everyone is pretty nervous. One of the
girls actually broke into tears last night at the orientation meeting. Zak was pretty
anxious earlier this week but God has been good, and as the week has progressed, he's been
able to complete several of the procedures perfectly. So now it's just a matter of staying calm and getting it done right this time. It's pretty exacting and even a small mistake (like a barely
visible undercut that can only be seen at a specific angle with a mirror) will fail you. There is
a 50% failure rate on this testing section so it's defiantly challenging and we are just
praying that Zak can pass the first time since the cost of the exam is huge.
So anyway, it's the beginning of the end. We are excited to see what God has in store for
us next and are praying and seeking direction. Thank you for all the prayers and
encouragement that we've been getting this week. It's greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord God, I ask your covering over Zak. Give him everything he needs for this day. Lord, God, give his family safety -- remove any potential upset or interference. Give him concentration, a steady hand, and favor in the eyes of those who decide aye or nay. Lord God, make it "aye" I pray. I thank you now for your hand on us all. In Jesus name.

Anonymous said...

OK...now that everyone knows what we knew all along: that Zak is a genius and passed the board with FLYING COLORS... I can make fun of this picture...it looks like a "wanted poster"..."Zak, wanted for passing the boards and the most sought after dentist grad. He is considered armed, brilliant, and very effective with a tooth probe."
OH, I crack myself up!!!